- Potatoes au Gratin – Potato with tons of cheese. 9/10. Recipe here.
- Coq au vin – Chicken in wine. The alcohol taste disappears when you cook it long like this. 9/10. Recipe here.
- Pain perdu – French toast. We originally planned to make a chocolate mousse but this turned out to be too difficult to make given our time. We then resorted to the famous and easy french toast. 9/10.
It’s been a while since I uploaded anything. Just have been forgetting to update the site. I’ve been to Morocco before and I really enjoyed my trip there. In Amsterdam, there is a famous restaurant called Bazar and I used to eat there a lot.
- Chicken Tagine – chicken stew in spices. It’s a bit sweet due to the cinammon and honey. I’ve tasted this before in Morocco and it was great. Ours were ok but not quite like the original. 8/10. Recipe here.
- Couscous – couscous with vegetables, almonds and chickpeas. I have always loved and cooked couscous. 9/10. Recipe here.
- Meskouta Orange cake – the cake had a very subtle orange hint. For someone who doesn’t like orange in desserts, I really liked it. 9/10. Recipe here.
- Köttbullar – Swedish meatballs. Like Ikea, we also added mashed potatoes and raspberry jam (didn’t have lingonberry). I made the mistake of added too much flour to the sauce, making it super thick. But, I loved it still. 9/10. Recipe here.
- Kladdkaka – sticky chocolate cake. Reminded me of volcano cakes. 9/10. Recipe here.
I lived before in Lisbon so I was super excited when we had to cook Portuguese food. I had great times there.
- Bacalhau com natas – Cod baked with potato and cream. I still remember my professor, Teresa, preparing this for our team before, so this brings back memories. 9/10.
- Arroz de pato – rice with duck and chorizo. 9/10.
- Pastel de nata – pastry with cream. Probably one of my most favorite pastries ever. It is just so addictive especially the one from Pasteis de Belem. Our version is not as good considering we just used puff pastry. I would rate the typical version you can find in Portugal 10.5/10, our version is around 6/10.